I recently started a YouTube channel: DigitalHobbit’s RPG Reflections.
As of right now, I have 4 videos published. In my intro video below, I outline the types of topics I’m planning to cover on my channel. But here’s a TL;DR:
- Thoughts on specific game systems, settings, or adventures
- Thoughts on particular types of experiences (e.g. crunchy/tactical games, story games, or old-school games)
- Various tips, such as how to play RPGs online
- Including lightweight solutions that support theater of the mind gameplay without having to spend a huge amount of time setting up a VTT. E.g. using Discord and Discord dice bots, along with Google Sheets.
- How to leverage AI solutions, such as ChatGPT or Midjourney for your RPGs
- The social side of the hobby, e.g. how to find gaming groups, one-shots, or engage with RPG communities.
Things that I’m less likely to cover:
- D&D 5e specifically
- Nothing against the game (I’ve played a ton of it!), but I feel like that topic is pretty well served by other channels already
- So I’m more likely to focus on other systems, or on RPGs in general
- Terrain or miniatures
- While I love seeing what others do in that space, I tend to play theater of the mind, perhaps with the occasional crude battlemap when I need it - and my current focus is still on online games anyway
- So don’t expect any elaborate painting or crafting tutorials
- Actual Plays
Take a look and let me know if you have any feedback or topic suggestions, either by commenting here, by commenting on the video, or by pinging me on one of the social media sites linked on my home page.